Overview of the Comprehensive Restoration Plan
Posted on April 14, 2016 | Trustee Council
The Trustees undertook an assessment of the natural resources affected by the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
Based on our assessment, we developed a comprehensive restoration plan to restore the Gulf of Mexico. The plan allocates up to $8.8 billion for restoration under a settlement with BP.
The full plan is more than 1,000 pages long and gives detailed information on:
- The Deepwater Horizon incident
- The Gulf of Mexico ecosystem
- Injury to natural resources
- Restoring natural resources
- Environmental consequences of implementing restoration alternatives
- Governance structure for implementing restoration
Recognizing that not everyone needs that level of detail, we created this easy-to-read overview (pdf, 3MB). It includes information on key components of the plan in a more concise format.